Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tunes Tuesday

I don't know much, but there is one thing I know... That I know nothing at all and of that I'm not even sure... I don't know much, but this I know too.. That music makes everything better... And music goes hand in hand with all that represents me.

My taste in music is as eclectic as Miami is diverse. I can truly say I like all kinds of music from soul, to jazz, to hip hop, big band and swing, zouk-love, reggae, even country too. Of course I love dancing and jamming to some merengue, salsa, reggaeton and Cumbia (I am Colombian after all). I also listen to Disco, love me some croons too and after my recent trip to Europe, I have a new found love for House music. Yup I like it all.

But most of all I am passionate about music that inspires me and touches my heart. (I am a hopeless romantic after all). I spend most days getting lost in the poetic-like melodies of artists like the great Billie Holiday, Norah Jones, Bryan Adams, Ginny Owens, Jars of Clay, Alicia Keys, Sade, John Legend, Coldplay, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong etc... I could literally go on forever like Spotify.

It's often a useless gift, but I have the ability to link any situation to a song. Perhaps I can create a character for a graphic novel with my superhuman abilities, or not. But my goal however, is to expose those of you with a listening heart to different styles of music or maybe take you back in time and help you reminisce about what you were doing and who you were with when you first heard that song. Music has that ability, to teleport us back in time and make you feel exactly what you felt at that moment..

*Sigh* music truly makes everything better.

So to start off Tunes Tuesdays, here's one of my favs... Norah Jones - Come Away With Me...



Norah Jones- Come away with me *lyrics

1 comment:

  1. I love how your mind works... I could definitely come away with you...

    ReplyDelete