Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursdays : Miami Heat Championship Edition

Passion = any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate. This passion for sports brings families, friends, cities, and entire countries together or divides the best from the rest. That is exactly how I feel about sports. Perhaps it's not the norm but this woman (me) is extremely passionate about sports too and I don't really care if it may seem foolish to some. If I were to put an add on the paper to find a mate it would definitely be titled -"Must love sports."

My favorite sports are football, basketball, baseball and futbol (soccer). I am a die hard New York Giants, Miami Heat, and Miami Marlins fan. My son also plays tackle football and I volunteer as team mom for his team. The crazy things that go on in the parks is a subject I will be sharing in later posts under "Chronicles of a football mom."

Yes, I know the Giants aren't from Miami but it is one out of the three good things (aside from my 2 sons) that came out of my marriage. I've been a NYG fan for 12 years and still going strong. This season was particularly amazing because we just so happened to win the Super Bowl!!!! Yes, I'm still rubbing it in!

Tonight however, I am dedicating Thankful Thursdays to :: stand up and make some noise, for my Miami Heat ::. I am confident and have no doubt, zero, zilch, nada, that we will conquer and our 3 Kings, Wade, Bosh and league MVP Lebron will reign.

I can't wait to see LJ finally hold the trophy along side my baby D. Wade. I love D. Wade, I know I'm his soulmate and here's why. Our favorite number is 3, we're both 30, we have 2 boys, and one of our offsprings share the same uncommon name. Coincidence?! I think not. Except there's one little problem in my way Gabrielle Union, but she's an actress and Hollywood relationships don't last very long.

It's been a roller-coaster of a season for us Heat fans, but tonight triumph and victory will be ours.

After tonight my teams will be 2 for 2 (Giants and Heat) as the best teams in their categories. Could the Marlins make it 3 for 3? We'll see, anything is possible.

At the beginning of every year, people always claim, "This is my year." Well this has truly been MY year so far, maybe not in love yet, but heck yes in sports!

Therefore on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for sports and my Miami Heat!!!

Let's go Heat!!!!

UPDATE: Indeed Bron Bron got his first ring in a historic game. Below is a picture of me kissing our miniature trophy as my friend launches a pot to my head.. I was so excited I didn't feel a thing...

Congrats my to the 2012 champs... My Miami Heat!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment