Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The fortune cookie

Today my friends were unable to join me at the gym, so I decided to go to the closest one to me which we normally don't attend because it's like one big high school reunion and frankly the last thing we want to see when we're sweating like hogs is fake people. But since it was kind of late and I was also tired, I really didn't care if I ran into anyone.

Thankfully I didn't see any familiar faces, but as I was prepping my elliptical machine, I noticed a little piece of paper right smack in front of me.

It was a fortune cookie paper.

Unfortunately there was no cookie, but as I read it I couldn't help but look up and chuckle... Oh Universe I see you too...

It read, "Never fear! The end of something marks the start of something new."

As if that wasn't enough confirmation that things are and will fall into place as they should, when I flipped the back, it said, "learn Chinese" and the word was "to wait" - pronounced "deng". Really?!

Deng is right. Waiting sucks. But being reassured in little ways like this helps me to not stop believing in the choices I'm making and hold on to that feeling that soon enough I will have the desires of my heart.. But first I must learn to "deng" patiently. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment